- Yonkers Mayor Spano Calls On State University Of New York (SUNY) To Establish A New Westchester Community College Campus At Former Leake & Watts Property
- Rochester: Appointments Available for COVID-19 Testing
- Rochester: Youth Invited to Apply for Summer Employment Programs
"This first storm of the new year is bringing heavy snow and will make travel treacherous in our city of hills," said Mayor Spano. "I ask our residents to stay home, keep the roads clear for emergency vehicles and let our plows work to keep us all safe."
All necessary precautions are being taken by the City to assure the safety of residents due to the snowfall. Vehicles are prohibited from parking on the 20 designated snow emergency routes (routes can be found at www.yonkersny.gov). Throughout the storm, City of Yonkers crews will deploy city employees manning 40 large plows and salters; 16 small plows and salters.
The City of Yonkers maintains:
- 703 lane miles of roads
- 450 dead-end streets and cul-de-sacs
- 100 bridges
- 78 parks, playgrounds and facilities
- 45 sets of stairs and 4 pedestrian bridges
"Yonkers is well prepared to handle the effects of this snowstorm," added Mayor Spano. "Our full complement of plows and personnel are tackling the city's 703 lane miles of road, but we need the assistance of our residents to not throw snow back into the streets so we can best clear the roadways."
More on Nyenta.com
- EMTECH and The Bank of Ghana Announce Partnership to Deploy Modern Central Sandbox™ to Accelerate Innovation, Provide for a Robust Financial Infrastructure, and Promote Financial Inclusion for the Unbanked and Underbanked
- INFINITY Q ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Is Investigating Infinity Q Diversified Alpha Fund on Behalf of Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- Fashion Designer Minika Ko and NYC Arts Empire Host a Event to Celebrate International Women's Day
- Mastercard Incorporated Publishes Updated First-Quarter 2021 Operating Metrics on Company's Website
- New Voices Foundation to Hold $100,000 Virtual Pitch Competition for Women of Color Entrepreneurs
The City of Yonkers updated regulations, cancellations and closures for today, February 1 and tomorrow, February 2:
- Alternate side parking rules and parking meters are suspended Monday, February 1 through Saturday, February 6 (residents are strongly encouraged to park their vehicle(s) in their driveway or garage, where possible); parking meters remain in effect
- As always, residents should not park on designated snow emergency routes
Recycling and Garbage Collection
- The Yonkers Recycling Center and Organic Yard are closed Monday, February 1 and Tuesday, February 2
- Garbage collection for Tuesday, February 2 will continue as scheduled
Yonkers Public Library branches are closed Monday, February 1. Westchester Bee-Line bus service is suspended as of 10AM Monday, February 1.
In the effort to protect the safety of residents, Mayor Spano reminds them of the following safety tips:
- Residents, business owners, property owners and renters should not shovel snow into the street so fire, police and ambulance crews can safely access emergency routes; doing so is a violation is subject to fines.
- Residents, business owners, property owners and renters are reminded to clear their sidewalks and ensure that fire hydrants are clear and clean of snow and ice within six hours after every snowfall, which ends in the daytime, and before 12:00 pm of the day after any snowfall, which occurs during the night.
- The best advice for driving in bad winter weather is not to drive at all; otherwise don't go out until the snow plows and sanding trucks have had a chance to do their work, and allow yourself extra time to reach your destination.
For more information on the city's snow and ice control measures, visit www.yonkersny.gov/snow. Residents also are encouraged to call the Mayor's 24-hour Hotline at 377-HELP (4357) and visit the City's Facebook page at facebook.com/cityofyonkers and Twitter at @cityofyonkers for updates on cancellations throughout this and every weather event. All emergencies should be directed to 9-1-1.
More on Nyenta.com
- Carole Demas. Sarah Rice and Ian Herman Together Again
- Identity Podcast The Importance of Black History
- Pandemic Compliance Services Provides Certified Pandemic Compliance Advisors And Covid-19 Compliance
- Meatless Farm Launches First Plant-Based Hot Dog That Tastes Like a Real Hot Dog
- Sandline Global Fortifies World-Class Executive Team: Glenn Hopper Joins as Chief Financial Officer
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Yonkers Fire Commissioner Robert Sweeney to Resign from Department
- Identity Podcast Celebrating Black History Month
- Joe Simon Says The United States of America is a Representative of Democracy, And Democracy Plays a Role in All 50 States
- Pet's Favorite Candle Line Making its Way into Grocery Stores
- Sober St. Patrick's Day® 10th Anniversary To Broadcast On March 17, 4 PM EST
- The Neighborhood Show Coming To Rude Rangers TV
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
- TCDA Shareholder Alert: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Tricida, Inc. Shareholders of Class Action and Encourages Shareholders to Contact the Firm
- Mayor Spano Announces Release of the Yonkers Police Reform Committee Final Report
- Jennifer S. Wilkov Joins February Writing Industry Roundtable Discussion to Inspire and Educate 2021 Writers
- Mathew Knowles Announces IMPACT, His New Podcast Show on iHeartRadio
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- New Rochelle: Commercial Strong-Arm Robbery- Four Suspects Sought
- Ponos Industries Amends Previously Announced Tender Offer for up to 1,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of Exxon Mobil Corporation
- PRA Health Sciences Merger Investigation: Halper Sadeh LLP Announces Investigation Into Whether the Sale of PRA Health Sciences, Inc. Is Fair to Shareholders; Investors Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm – PRAH
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- Employers Switch their Focus to the Long Game; Swings in Local COVID-19 Cases no Longer Impact Demand for Office Space
- Construction Chemicals Market Insights, Key Players, Growth Drivers and Future Scope
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan