This school year, DiChiaro's students donated nearly 4,000 pounds of food to the county-wide hunger non-profit Feeding Westchester, raised nearly $6,000 for the American Heart Association and traveled to Albany to lobby for more educational state funding. The 2018-19 school year culminates with Patricia A. DiChiaro School celebrating its 125th anniversary of educating students in the City of Yonkers.
"Congratulations to Patricia A. DiChiaro School, the administration, teachers, staff and parents, who all are contributing to our students' solid educational foundation," said Mayor Spano. "DiChiaro motivates and inspires our young people to better themselves and others. I applaud the nurturing community they've established there and wish them continued success."
More on Nyenta.com
- Croatia's Katarina Line Increases Trade Show Presence in North America and Europe
- Concierge Auctions Earns Coveted Position on the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America For the Sixth Year Running
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- Vincent Totoro joins CXO Nexus to help lead Global Integrations
Board of Education President Rev. Steve Lopez remarked, "On behalf of the Yonkers Board of Education Trustees, we congratulate the entire DiChiaro School community on receiving this well-deserved award. The students thrive because of the commitment and ongoing support of the administrators, teachers and support staff. There is an active and strong bond with the DiChiaro School's parents where everyone's focus is on the children's success."
"DiChiaro School's Principal Patricia Langan, teachers and staff provide an enriched and cohesive instructional program,"according to Superintendent of Schools Dr. Edwin M. Quezada. "The school's PTA is exceptional and is dedicated to the needs of young learners embracing a quality early childhood education. With this strong foundation, the children are ready to excel in the upper grades and this is truly a nurturing school community where everyone learns and achieves together."
Mayor Spano's School of the Month recognition program began in January 2014 as a way to celebrate the significant academic success, extracurricular achievements and community volunteerism of Yonkers' students, teachers, administration and staff at Yonkers Public Schools.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- Official or unofficial? The compromise between Haute Couture runway fashion and social fashion addicts
- Wipe Data on Android with new iShredder Android GOVERNMENT and ENTERPRISE edition
- Sinq Technologies Provides Increased Efficiency with New, Multiple Partnerships
- YINCAE - New NC 256 Zero Residue Flux
- ADL Enhances EMR Functionality for PDPM
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home
- First Truly Affordable 3D Printable Prosthetic Arm Kits, K+ Launches on Indiegogo
- Everok taps Chain.io to power digital innovation throughout its global freight forwarding network
- City of Yonkers to Offer New Financial Solution for Clean Energy Projects
- Join Us at the Icla da Silva 2019 Hope Gala
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- BurnsOffRoad app connects riders of adventure vehicles
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Celebrated Author Richard C. Morais to Keynote Cultural Vistas Awards Gala
- Introducing .NET Core 3 in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- 2019's Most Empowering Latino Author
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion