- New Rochelle: NRPD Observes May 15-21 as National Police Memorial Week
- Mayor Evans Releases His First Proposed City Budget 2022-23 Fiscal Year Budget Seeks to Chart Prosperous Future for Rochester & Address Six Administration Priorities
- Yonkers Police Arrest Three Bronx Men for Brazen Jewelry Store Smash and Grab
Detectives from the Major Case Squad, Crime Scene Unit, and Digital Forensics Unit responded to the jewelry store and interviewed subjects and witnesses, processed forensic evidence, and recovered surveillance video. Investigation has yielded that the four perpetrators, all residents of the Bronx, smashed the storefront window of the jewelry store with a crowbar and sledgehammer and removed a large amount of gold and jewelry from the front display, estimated by the storeowner to be worth about $100,000. A store worker attempted to stop the thieves with the same sledgehammer before they fled with some of the stolen items. Police pursued and ultimately apprehended three of the four suspects; the fourth suspect has been identified and additional arrests are anticipated. Investigators identified proceeds from the robbery within the crashed SUV. Detectives further believe that the suspects may have been casing another jewelry store on McLean Avenue earlier. One of the suspects, identified as ALSTON below, provided a false name in an effort to conceal a bench warrant for his arrest in relation to a New York City attempted murder charge in 2019.
More on Nyenta.com
- Cornerstone and Swiftlane Announce Strategic Technology Initiative to Create Safer Rental Communities in Denver
- NYC REIT Sends Letter Urging Shareholders to Vote for Company's Incumbent Director Nominee as Annual Meeting Approaches
- TUPPERWARE ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating Tupperware Brands Corporation on Behalf of Tupperware Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- The Dog Gurus Collaborate with Blue-9 for Advancement of Dog Daycare Enrichment Programs
- Lindsay Goldberg Completes Sale of Pixelle Specialty Solutions
Mayor Mike Spano stated, "Thank you to our tireless Yonkers officers who responded swiftly and courageously last night to apprehend the suspects. Let it be a clear, direct message to any and all criminals who think they can undermine our city -- we will find you and ensure you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law so not to terrorize our residents and businesses."
Police Commissioner Chris Sapienza stated, "The Yonkers Police Department offers no quarter to criminals who engage in this blatant, lawless, and violent behavior. We will commit every resource to track them down, arrest them, and hold them accountable. I applaud the great efforts of our Police Officers, Detectives, and Supervisors, and our partners in the Westchester County Police Department, for apprehending three of the suspects as we close in on the fourth."
The three arrested suspects are identified as Nykem ALSTON (aka Tyrese Robinson), a 21-year-old resident of the Bronx; Alfred LONG, a 35-year-old resident of the Bronx; and Alexander WILSON, a 21-year-old resident of the Bronx. ALSTON and LONG were each charged last night with Robbery 1, a Class B Violent Felony in the New York State Penal Law; Grand Larceny 2, a Class C Felony in the New York State Penal Law; and Burglary 3, a Class D Felony in the New York State Penal Law. WILSON remains hospitalized in a local area trauma center as a result of the vehicle crash and will be charged in the near future. ALSTON and LONG are expected to be arraigned later today in Yonkers Criminal Court and remanded to the Westchester County Jail. The case is being prosecuted by the Westchester County District Attorney's Office. Additional information may be released as it becomes available.
More on Nyenta.com
- Flower City Days Horticultural at the City of Rochester Public Market Continues on Sunday, May 22
- TOKYO SKYTREE Celebrates Its 10th anniversary! Let's Pay Homage to this Japanese Landmark and World's Tallest Freestanding Broadcast Tower
- Genpact Limited Board Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Yonkers Police Department promotes, appoints five members during Police Week
- Yonkers Mayor Spano Launches Electric Powered Leaf Blower Incentive Program to Help Protect Public Health
NOTE: Booking charges are merely accusations and the defendant(s) are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- MEI ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is Investigating MEI Pharma, Inc. on Behalf of MEI Stockholders and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm
- EMPIRE STATE BUILDING HONORS THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.'S 50TH BIRTHDAY, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ESTATE OF THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Community Bank System, Inc. Announces Quarterly Common Stock Dividend and Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- New Rochelle Police Department Holds Annual Memorial and Awards Ceremony
- Keen-Summit Capital Partners Wins ABI Asset Sales Committee's Fourth Annual "Asset Sale of the Year"
- Yo Pitts! Foods introduces their "Snack Pack" to enjoy their delicious mustards on the go!
- Reach the World to Honor the Endurance22 Expedition with the 2022 Cronkite Award
- 286 Lenox Partners LLC and Regal 286 Lenox LLC Financial Update
- Ipsos appoints Mark Polyak as President of Analytics, Ipsos North America
- Live Webcast to Address Need for PrEP Initiation in Marginalized Populations
- Blockchain Startup Aimed at Financial Inclusion Secures 25 Million Dollar Capital Commitment
- HR Tech Awards Recognizes Valuable Contributors to Hiring, Retention, and More
- The Martini Shot Launches A Sci-Fi Martial Arts and Fashion Franchise
- 1040 Abroad: Live tax-free if you earn less than $112,000
- Egan-Jones Sponsored the Creditflux Direct Lending Forum in London
- Harlem's Fashion Row to Host 4th Annual Designer Retreat at NIKE Headquarters in New York City
- Bright Power Partners with NYC Accelerator and District of Columbia Affordable Housing Retrofit Accelerator
- Implement The Exploration Of Charity In The Virtual World Concept Till The Very End
- Hinge Announces New "Mental Health Advocates of Tomorrow" Fund to Expand Therapy Access for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ Daters
- Signature Bank Launches New National Business Line With Appointment of Healthcare Banking and Finance Team