- Rochester: Mayor Releases 4th Episode of State of the City
- City of New Rochelle Announces Soft Launch of New Bike Share & E-Scooter System Operated by VeoRide
- The City of Rochester Announces Implementation Plan for RASE Commission Recommendations
YONKERS MAYOR MIKE SPANO CRACKS DOWN ON GRAFFITI
Yonkers Reactivates Graffiti Hotline and Offers Monetary Award for Reporting & Conviction of Vandalism
YONKERS, NY – May 5, 2021 – Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano today announced the re-activation of the City's graffiti hotline to report the defacing or vandalism of any building structure located within the City of Yonkers. Residents are encouraged to call (914) 377-8077 to report any knowledge they have of graffiti vandalism. If residents see any act of graffiti vandalism in progress, they are urged to call the Yonkers Police non-emergency line at (914) 377-7900.
A reward of no more than $500 per conviction will be awarded to any person providing information leading to the detection, arrest, and conviction of the person guilty of defacing buildings or structures, whether privately or publicly owned.
More on Nyenta.com
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Siguler Guff Raises Over $450 Million For Its Second Small Business Credit Opportunity Fund
- SmartAsset Raises $110 Million in Series D Funding, Bringing its Valuation to Over $1 Billion
- Colombia's Top Podcasting Platform Podway Obtains Nine (9) Nominations to the Latin Podcast Awards
- SlimCare Medical has announced the New Website Launch
"Yonkers is a booming City on the rise, and we want to protect its beauty for all its glory, beginning with putting a stop to what reflects poorly on our City -- graffiti," said Mayor Spano. "We will not tolerate it and will make sure those found violating the law are prosecuted to the fullest extent."
Once the act of vandalism has been reported, the owner or agent of a building or structure which has been defaced by writing, painting, drawing, marking, engraving or other forms of graffiti must restore the building or structure to a graffiti-free condition after receipt of a graffiti condition notice from the Department of Housing and Buildings and the Police Department. The owner or agent will then be required to correct the condition within 48 hours. The failure of an owner to comply may subject the owner to a fine of no more than $250 for each offense.
Those individuals found guilty of graffiti will be charged with a Class II offense. Graffiti violations are classified as either criminal or civil penalties, resulting in fines up to $5000 and even imprisonment for up to 15 days. The graffiti stipulations are part of Section 72 of the Yonkers City Code.
Latest on Nyenta.com
- MetLife Announces Full Redemption of 3.048% Series C Senior Component Debentures, Tranche 2
- Chuck's Vintage, Inc., Subsidiary Of Green Stream Holdings, Inc., Featured in Social Life
- Dr. Sebi's Daughters Saama & Taiwa Speak Out From Honduras – His Legacy Belongs To Us
- New Reverse Bayonet Connector from Amphenol is Designed to Deliver High Power
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- CAI International Merger Investigation: Halper Sadeh LLP Announces Investigation Into Whether the Sale of CAI International, Inc. Is Fair to Shareholders; Investors Are Encouraged to Contact the Firm – CAI
- Identity Podcast Authenticity Feat. Denise Dixon
- New York Sports Hall of Fame Relaunches with Historic Content from Comprehensive Digital Archives
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Uptime.com Named a Top Performer in G2.com, Inc.'s Summer 2021 Grid® and Index Reports
- Stack Overflow Introduces Collectives™, Brings Developers and Technology Organizations Together to Build Faster Through Community
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- LeagueApps Appoints Three New Executives to Management Team
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- PixelPlex is a Pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) Development
- First Participant Dosed in Pfizer's Pivotal Phase 3 TALAPRO-3 Combination Study of Talazoparib and Enzalutamide in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer (mCSPC)
- Hepsiburada Announces Launch of Initial Public Offering
- What Is Cobwebs' Cyber Threat Intelligence and How Can It Help Secure Organizations?
- Sprinklr Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering